I was taught a long time ago about 'SMART (*)' goals. I apply that to thinking about predictions and trends. These are the trends that 'The Financial Brand' came out with for the banking industry in 2016 ...
Top 10 Retail Banking Trends and Predictions for 2016
- The ‘Platformification’ of Banking
- Removing Friction from the Customer Journey
- Making Big Data Actionable
- Introduction of ‘Optichannel’ Delivery
- Expansion of Digital Payments
- Executing on Innovation
- Exploring Advanced Technologies
- Emergence of a New Breeds of Banks
- Mining New Talent
- Responding to Regulatory and Rate Changes
Not a single one of them hit any more than two of the ‘smart’ criteria, so come next Jan / Feb – I predict that we will get a report on how well the trends were predicted.
Just to start … the platformification of banking …. say what !
(*) To remind ..