This came through my stream this morning … as a way to think of what kind of people you need to help you – based on what you know – or don’t.
- You know what you think know
- hire employees to execute these tasks
- You know what you don’t think you know
- hire employees or consultants to figure this out
- hire employees to execute it
- You don’t know what you think you know
- hire an executive coach to identify these blind spots
- hire subject matter consultant to solve this class of problems
- You don’t know what you don’t know
- hire an executive coach that pushes you to be extremely uncomfortable with your assumptions and your biases
To emphasize – not my original thought – but that of John Berg – still, a nice 2*2 model to utilize – graphic to come.
And of course you know how Rummy fits in don’t you ?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.